Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 19

Hey Guys!!!  I can’t tell you enough how grateful I am for my family
and for you guys!  I love you all so much and miss you all like crazy.
I have to say though I feel settled in and feel at peace with this
whole mission deal.  I was thinking about it today as I washed my
clothes by hand and as I have taken bucket baths, ate fufu and done
many more African things is how it all feels normal now.  I am used to
not having certain American foods or drinks and used to the living
conditions as well in Africa!  I can honestly say that it’s starting to
feel like home.  I have thought how weird it will be when I go home
and have to adjust back to the American lifestyle I know you guys will
give me a hard time which is all right but it won’t be as hard as
adjusting to Africa.  Thank you for the emails I always love Mondays
and reading them, I really love the dear elders when I start missing
home I just read those and I feel like I’m actually talking with you in
a sense! It amazes me because while serving your heavenly father on a 
mission it seems that the reason they take away all of these worldly 
distractions is to just rely on the Lord only!  Seriously he is the only person that I
look to it seems because quite frankly I can’t call and get advice
from my parents so it’s just Him and I have really gained a testimony
of prayer!  He has blessed me with comfort and with the mindset to
realize that he knows what is in my heart and he knows my desire to
serve him with all my heart, mind, and strength!  Now however I am
fully settled in so I don’t have to worry about anything else besides
serving him so that is nice! This week though it amazes me how my mentality has
changed from a worldly perspective to an eternal one. I don’t really
care about much of this worldly crap but I focus on my family being
sealed here on earth and living with you all forever as perfect
beings.  I am so thankful for the both of you being worthy to partake
of this ordinance and to know that we will be with each other forever
and ever!!!  This week though I figured even though I can’t share
something about my investigators is to share with you something that I
have learned!  That is the importance of Faith!  As we know faith is
things hoped for which are not seen (heb 11:1)  but I like the
description Alma uses in Alma 32:34 as to not have a perfect knowledge
of things but to hope for things that aren't seen which are TRUE! 
There is one thing I know that men aren't perfect but God
is and this is the true church of Jesus Christ and the teachings are
perfect!  I know without a doubt in my mind that this is the true
church and that we will live and see our families forever.  However a
very important thing we must do is exercise our faith as well as alma
describes in Alma 32 37-38 .  I know that I haven’t been the best
example of this throughout my life but I now know the importance of
it!  Truly as I read the book of Mormon every day I learn something
new and I feel I can answer almost any life questions people have
right out of that book!  What a great privilege and blessing we have
to have the Book of Mormon in these latter Days!  Well it’s not to long
but I feel I need to share a quote that I love from president Uchtdorf
he said Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we
stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and
move forward.  No one is perfect and we all stumble but it’s
how we bounce back ha dang I love that quote!  I am so excited for
this week though to meet elder Bednar and Elder Clayton.  We will
leave Wednesday and stay the night in the temple apartments with AC,
and WARM Showers haha I’m so excited!  As well we are planning on going
to shop rite and which means I may be able to get a mountain dew ha
it’s hard to believe that I haven’t had American food or a dew in 4
months but it is going fast.  Like I said I don’t know whether to be
happy or Sad with how fast it is going, I know when the day comes I
will be sad to remove my name tag but so happy to hug my family again.
It will be the biggest bitter/sweet moment in my life!Thank you so much for the prayers
and the support!  Dad know that I am safe and that I am always aware
of my surroundings and listening to the spirit!  I have been prompted
many times to just move from a certain location or to not go to a
specific house and to this day I don’t know why but I am always
listening and discerning from my feelings.  Thank you for the advice
dad.  If you have any more concerns or worries please ask as many
questions as you can!!:)

I love you all so much and miss you all tons, I think of you all
daily.  Please continue to be safe and do what is right!  I am proud
to be a Carson!  Give thanks daily!!:)


Love you all Tons!!
Elder Carson

Duke