Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week 74- Hugs and Goodbyes!!

Well family it sounded like you guys had a great week.  All is well here in Asuom!  We had a wonderful baptism last week Sunday and had a wonderful baptism this week as well.  Asuom is really progressing the lord is blessing us out here!  Well transfers were in and Elder Itedjere is going to Oda my last area and Elder Graves is going to New town Accra.  They are both very happy but we are sad to see them go. We have gained a big brotherhood and respect out here together and it will be sad to see them leave, I love them both like brothers.  Elder Jessee is getting a guy named Elder Esplin and I will be training a new missionary.  I am happy with the transfers.  This week was somehow rough, I think because of transfers news we all were kind of dragging but it was still okay.  We weren’t able to see all of our investigators this week but that’s how it goes some days.  We are facing a lot of trials out here.  Every investigator Graves and I have is facing outside influences.  Two of our serious investigators have had their parents tell them they can no longer come to our church.  One was a 16 year old boy which is understandable but the other is a 26 year old woman who is in fear of losing her money from her family.  Satan is definitely an influence when others come to the knowledge of the truth.  I have actually really been studying Satan and his tactics so to say.  I have read the story in 3 Nephi when the king of the gadianton robbers uses flattery words to try to persuade Nephi to surrender.  Then I read about him in 2 Nephi I believe chapter 29. It’s amazing how much these passages portray Satan and how careful we have to be with him.  We see it all the time especially what we learn about in 2 Nephi.  Where he justifies things and uses a little truth with a lot of lie.  one he uses is basically Just do this for example not pay your tithing, not keep the commandments, maybe lie a little, or cheat a little or things that to us seem harmless.  He will say God will just whip you and you will be on your way, or god is merciful I can worship him how or the way I like.  My response is NO we cannot do what we wish to do with our own mortal minds, we cannot kindle our own fire, God has a way and we have to follow it!  We have to keep our covenants; we have to do everything he expects of us, it’s important.  This has really been on my mind a lot lately because Satan has sucked me into this mentality sometimes, even here on mission.  It’s okay to listen to this music it doesn’t swear, it’s okay to not study today, you studied yesterday, it’s okay to not go to church as long as you are keeping the commandments......NO don’t listen to him follow what God has told us, his plan is eternal salvation not eternal damnation. 
Family I love you a lot!! All is well. I love you guys so dang much and miss you all like crazy!  I am so grateful for you all.  Grandpa and Grandma I love you guys too, can’t believe you bought another trailer that’s sweet, love you both very much!!
Elder Carson